Friday, September 21, 2007

How to Make a Blog/Forum Post

The #1 complaint I hear with internet marketing and how to make money online is…

“I can’t get the gurus to do a deal for me.”

It’s not what to do, or how to do it, but how and who to partner with.

I’ve joked a lot with IM friends about “The Guru Shield.”

The Shield is the wall or barrier you see come up when trying to talk with someone of status in the make money online field. Often people think they are being rude or arrogant. I really don’t think it’s either.

Here’s what I think it is…

Read the average blog comment or forum post.

How many of those people would you want to meet and spend time with?

Right. Not many.

Yesterday, I was commenting on an internet marketing blog where 90% of the comments were based in ignorance, fear, skepticism or paranoia. While reading I thought about some of the writers, “I wonder if he/she has any friends?”

Not saying that to be mean. I honestly thought that.

Then it spanked me.

These are the people who attend marketing events and want a big time partnership with the gurus. They are the ones looking to build their network.

Well…

It ain’t happening.

If you are wanting to build business relationships. If you are wanting to position yourself in the make money online field then here is one component that can help…

Make forum and blog posts that count. Posts than mean something and make a contribution. Posts that entertain, educate or equip.

Answer this one question after writing your post…

“Would I want to meet me?”

If you read your post and think…

Jerk.

Whiner.

Jealous.

Arrogant.

Know-it-all.

Loser.

Idiot.

Or anything else along those lines, just hit the delete button.

No, everything cannot create intrigue, mystery and a desire to become your closest friend. And it’s fine to post general comments. But avoid anything that’s people repellent.

No comments: